Community Initiatives Program
The Community Initiatives Program (CIP) funds initiatives that enhance and enrich communities throughout Alberta. The program:
- Reinvests revenues generated from provincial lotteries to communities
- Empowers local citizens and community organizations to work together
- Responds to local needs
The funding limits are:
- Project-Based Grant – maximum $75,000.
- Operating Grant – maximum $75,000.
- International Development Grant – maximum $25,000.
Funding is available through three streams:
- Project-Based Grant provides assistance to community organizations for such projects as:
- Equipment purchases
- Facility construction or renovation projects
- Hosting/travel/special events
- New programs or special funding (e.g. disaster) requests
- Operating Grant provides assistance to registered nonprofit organizations to:
- Deliver ongoing programs and services to the community
- Enhance the organization’s ability to operate
- International Development Grant provides assistance to small and medium-sized Alberta-based non-government organizations to:
- Meet Alberta’s commitment in giving developing countries the tools to eventually meet their own needs.
- The purpose of the international development grants are to match or supplement donations from Albertans to humanitarian projects.
Gujarati Mandal of Calgary received $30,951 from Government of Alberta under above program for the year 2015 towards supporting Navratri & Diwali event. Such support from Government of Alberta enables our community to thrive in a cost effective ways of organizing community events serving community members at subsidized cost and encourages all community members to participate in sharing our cultural values and pass on our cultural heritages to the young generation. Our sincere THANKS to the Ministry of Culture and Tourism, Government of Alberta, Calgary-Cross MLA and MLA Irfan Sabir of Calgary-McCall for supporting our efforts.